It’s here that we handcraft our 100% Single Malt Whisky, distilled batch-by-batch in traditional copper pot stills from two-row barley, and aged in American oak barrels in our oceanfront warehouse. When it comes to artisanal whisky, every element matters – and in our unique, temperate rainforest climate, even the sunsets and sea air become integral.
Experts tell us that the inaugural batch of Shelter Point Single Malt Whisky has a very nice spice with good barrel sweetness, fruit and floral notes and
some chocolate on the nose. It’s nicely finessed with a good balance of complexity and delicateness. Translation? It goes down very, very smoothly.
Shelter Point Whisky Facts
- Still: Custom-designed copper still
- Base: 100% malted and unmalted barley (That’s it. Nothing else)
- Distillation: Small-batch, 2x distilled
- Spirit: Natural colour and non-chill filtered
- Alcohol Content: Bottled at 46% Alc.Vol
- Bottle Size: 750ml and 375ml
- Packaging: Classic Tennessee-style bottle features Vinolok glass closure and original engraving of Shelter Point Farm created by renowned illustrator Steve Nobl