Our flagship Isle of Raasay Single Malt Whisky, 46.4% ABV, natural colour, non-chill filtered.
Lightly peated with rich dark fruit flavours.
We set out to emulate some older styles of Hebridean single malt whiskies, with subtle, fragrant smokiness balanced with dark fruit flavours.
We mash only 100% Scottish barley in all our production, and we have also grown and malted Raasay barley using local peat for future 100% Isle of Raasay Single Malt releases.
Our barley is malted using Highland peat, giving a rich, fragrant smokiness to our spirit.
ISLE OF RAASAY SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY BATCHES
As a small-batch, handcrafted distiller there will always be slight variation between each batch depending on the composition of that particular bottling.
Check out the fact section below to learn more about the Isle of Raasay Single Malt and compare what’s inside each batch.
NSIDE R-02.1 SINGLE MALT WHISKY RELEASE: THE FACTS
- Release Date: September 2022
- ABV: 46.4%
- Peat Level: Barley 48-52ppm | Residual in Bottle 7 ppm
- Presentation: Natural colour, non-chill filtered
- Cask Types: First fill ex-Rye Whiskey (63%), virgin Chinkapin oak (26%), and first fill Bordeaux red wine (11%)
- Spirit Types: Isle of Raasay peated & unpeated spirit
- Barley Variety: Concerto & Laureate
- Yeast Type: Distillers’ Yeast
- Water Source: Isle of Raasay Distillery 60 metre well on site – Tobar na Bà Baine
- Fermentation Time: 3 and 5 day fermentations
- Spirit Cut Point: 75 to 67 (unpeated) & 75 to 65 (peated)
- Cask Filling Strength: 63.5% abv
- Distilled: 15/06/2018 – 25/04/2019
- Vatting: 23/08/2022 – 09/09/2022
- Bottling: 15/09/2022 – 10/10/2022
- Maturation & Bottling: Isle of Raasay Distillery
Whisky Resource Note:
Raasay don't appear to have extended official tasting notes
Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: A good helping of dry smoke, well-balanced by whiffs of red fruit (apples, cherries) and vanilla pod.
Palate: Subtly peppery, before notes of fresh cream, digestive biscuit, and buttered toast (very slightly burnt) arrive.
Finish: A flinty hint of peat smoke remains on the finish, with a touch of sultana.